DLR Group Enhances Ballpark in Greenville
DLR Group designed the original Fluor Field, which became a catalyst for redevelopment in the West End of downtown Greenville. Ten years has passed and DLR Group’s sports design team has designed improvements to the ballpark that will ensure a best-in-class experience for fans and visitors.
Improvements focused on fan amenities and creating new ways to experience ballgames, including:
- Upgraded entry plazas
- A 3,700 SF Champions Club that is an air-conditioned event space located on the upper deck can be utilized year-round for groups up to 200 people
- A 2,700 SF Front Porch Lounge available to season ticket holders with indoor seating
- An expanded team store
- Improved 500 Club
- Renovated Mountain Dew Dugout suite
- Improved seats on the right field line
- Rooftop party deck
- New sound system and scoreboard
- Monster seating
“The original ballpark included a Green Monster which brought a slice of Fenway Park to Greenville. When the Monster Seats were added at Fenway it created a unique challenge to the Drive and our design team to create Monster Seats in Greenville,” said DLR Group Sports Design Leader Bob Carlson. “Fluor Field has been called the ‘Front Porch’ of Greenville. These improvements will ensure that the ballpark fulfills that role for the next 10 years.”
Greenville Drive fans will see noticeable enhancements as they enter the ballpark this season.