DLR Group Selected for Mixed-use Project in Anaheim Platinum Triangle
DLR Group has been selected for the design team of LT Platinum Center in Anaheim, Calif. The new 1.2 million SF of mixed-use development is located at the prominent intersection of State College Boulevard and Orangewood Avenue, immediately adjacent to Angel Stadium in Anaheim.
The proposed development is the first to respond to the concept of an urban “downtown” district as envisioned by the City of Anaheim for the area surrounding Angel Stadium known as the Platinum Triangle. The vision for Platinum Triangle is a high density, mixed-use neighborhood with office, restaurant, entertainment, and residential spaces replacing existing industrial development.
The design team for LT Platinum Center includes DLR Group, urban design firm Hopscape, and MVE & Partners, Inc.
“This win is a true team effort,” said DLR Group Global Retail and Mixed-Use Leader Brian Arial. “We brought our retail, hospitality, residential, and office experts to the design team. This is one of the biggest, most complex projects being developed in the United States.”
LT Platinum is the most recent of several significant projects for DLR Group, including:
- Paseo Colorado, Pasadena, Calif. – a 600,000 SF renovation that improved the mall’s vertical and horizontal circulation, opened up and increased visibility, and doubled the mall’s foot traffic.
- Ridgedale Center, Minnetonka, Minn. – a 91,500 SF addition including new retail and common areas.
Recent developments from the Mixed-Use/Retail Studio include:
- Edin Park Food Hall, Los Angeles – a 30,000 SF mixed-use development featuring award-winning restaurants.
- Cybrary, Homestead, Fla. – a cyber-library, or Cybrary combines education and entertainment to give life back to the library.
- International DLR Group designs include the Abha Mixed-Use Development in Saudi Arabia and a 350,000 SF mixed-use development in Mombasa, Kenya.