What Makes Design Firm Culture Unique?
Editor Sara R. Boyer, AIA, LEED AP B explored how different firms express and develop their firm’s culture, exploring various topics including enjoyment, generations, branding, and risk management. DLR Group Principal Ronok Nichols, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, weighs in from Orlando on life and the culture of design across six primary areas:
1. Cultural driver: What drives your firm culture?
2. Enjoyment: Why do you enjoy working at your firm?
DLR Group’s Orlando Studio. Photo by Harvey Smith.
3. Generations: How does your firm address multiple generations in the work force?
4. Work-life balance: How does your firm support a work-life balance?
DLR Group’s Orlando Studio. Photo © DLR Group.
5. Change: Would you change anything about the firm culture?
6. Brand: What is your firm brand? How does it drive the firm, or does the firm drive the brand?