Join DLR Group at the FEFPA Winter Conference to get the latest on planning sustainably, designing safe schools, and adapting community spaces for learning opportunities.
- Who: Roger Chang, principal, DLR Group; Lindsey Piant Perez, principal, DLR Group; Premnath Sundharam, principal, DLR Group.
- What: Gaming for a Resilient Future.
Institutions are required to holistically plan for overall resiliency, net-zero energy, payback, and best management practices. In this workshop, attendees will build a toolkit to help them identify the challenges and limitations of achieving net-zero energy at a building scale; educate stakeholders on scaling net-zero concepts to the campus level; implement key steps involved in planning for a net-zero campus; and apply effective strategies that overcome the practical challenges of scaling net-zero concepts.
- Where: FEFPA Winter 2019 Conference. Hammock Beach Resort, Palm Coast, FL. Exact location TBA.
- When: Thursday, January 31 from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM
DLR Group Principal Chris Gibbs, AIA.
- Who: Chris Gibbs, principal, DLR Group.
- What: Safe and Secure Schools.
Creating a safe and secure learning environment takes more than cameras and a double entry vestibule. The psychology of space design in schools can directly impact the ever-important, often missing, feeling of being safe by building occupants. In addition, it is important for school systems to complete a thorough risk assessment preceding the development of a thorough Crisis Management Plan. As community assets, the creation of safe school environments is the responsibility of the entire neighborhood while providing immeasurable benefits to the entire community.
- Where: FEFPA Winter 2019 Conference, Hammock Beach Resort, Palm Coast, FL. Exact location TBA.
- When: Thursday, January 31 from 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM
L: DLR Group Senior Principal Jim French, FAIA. R: DLR Group Senior Associate Mike Lindsey, AIA, LEED AP.