Benedictine University Neff Farmhouse Alumni Welcome Center5700 College Road
Lisle, IL 60532
Design Achievement – Adapting this original farmhouse from 1852 into the Neff Farmhouse Alumni Welcome Center pays respect to the University's history and establishes the next chapter of the farmhouse's and University's future. DLR Group's design transforms the two-story dwelling, once housing the monks who founded Benedictine University, into a gallery and events space with exposed limestone walls and timber framing. To ensure that an addition lived harmoniously with the original farmhouse, all limestone used for the new construction was extracted from the original quarry that provided the existing stone. The event plaza in front of the Alumni Center is a representation of the Benedictine Medallion, symbolizing the beginning of a student's collegiate journey at the University, while paying homage to the University's foundation and history.
Scope Summary – The scope of work encompassed a 1,900 SF renovation and 600 SF addition to a historic farmhouse. The renovation portion of the building provides gallery and event space while the addition houses office space, a lounge, a large conference room, and support spaces. DLR Group provided architectural and interior design services.