The Portland Building in Portland, Oregon by DLR Group. Photo by James Ewing/JBSA.
- Who: Patrick Burke, principal and studio head, Michael Graves Architecture & Design; Erica Ceder, senior associate, DLR Group; Brian Libby, journalist; Kristin Wells, facilities manager, City of Portland.
- What: Portland Building Perspectives
In celebration of the recently completed Portland Building renovation, a panel discussion featuring representatives from the City of Portland, DLR Group, and Michael Graves Architecture & Design will share stories and insights from both the original construction project and the process of restoring and reinvigorating an architectural icon. Just as the Portland Building’s inception prompted an international conversation about Postmodern architecture and how we interpret history, so does the re-design engender a conversation about evolving approaches to historic preservation.
- Examine the history of the iconic Portland Building from inception to reinvigoration
- Discuss the rationale and success of the progressive design-build delivery model for this project
- Explore the approach to preserving the building’s historic integrity and design vision while modifying for building performance and occupant experience
- Investigate the role of the Portland Building re-design in the context of historic preservation
- Earn 1.25 LUs
- Where: Register online
- When: Tuesday, May 11, 4:00 PM EST