- Who: Marilyn Denison, senior associate, DLR Group; Raechel French, associate, DLR Group; Taryn Kinney, principal, DLR Group.
- What: Learning Through Inquiry – Four Virtual Workshops.
Join the DLR Group Bridging Organization, Learning, and Design team for a virtual professional development workshop series for educators that immerses participants in the process of inquiry-based learning. Each BOLD workshop is crafted to provide powerful and transformative experiences that address essential features of inquiry teaching and learning, and contains information that is directly applicable to in-person, remote, or hybrid learning environments. The Learning Through Inquiry workshops were developed by experts in the field who utilized a peer-reviewed process. Each workshop contains information that is directly applicable to teaching and learning that fuels equity, growth, and engagement.
The outline of the Learning Through Inquiry workshop series includes methodology, the three types of inquiry, and practical experiences of the hybrid model of inquiry-based learning. Participants will experience the following outcomes:
- Understand the inquiry cycle of teaching and learning.
- Understand and gain comfort in designing for the three types of inquiry-based learning;
- Practice units of instruction in the types of inquiry-based learning;
- Understand how instruction moves through face-to-face, virtual, and a hybrid of face-to-face and virtual learning.
- Where: Four virtual workshops that are each two hours in length.
- When: Option 1 - June 15, 17, 22, and 24 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
Option 2 - July 13, 15, 20, and 22 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
Custom scheduling is available for campuses or districts. Please contact Rebeca Carranza-Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
*A discounted price of $295 is available with ten or more attendees.