- Shenzhen Institute of Design and Innovation
We fully embrace our responsibility to society by designing spaces that emphasize academic learning and social development.
- University of Florida Institute of Black Culture and Institute of Hispanic-Latino Cultures
Design Foundations in Cultural Identities
Explore our Work
- University of Nebraska, Dinsdale Family Learning Commons
Library Transformed for Modern Learning
- Pima Community College Center of Excellence for Applied Technology
New CTE Building Pride of the Community
- Swarthmore College Dining and Community Commons
First Net-Zero Dining Facility in the Country
- Los Rios Community College District-CRC Elk Grove Center Phase Two
Transparent, Engaging Science Building
- Valencia College, Poinciana Campus
Campus and Community Weave History Together
- Arapahoe Community College, Sturm Collaboration Campus
Collaborative Community Education
- Colorado State University-Pueblo, Center for Integrated Health and Human Inquiry
Building Transformed for Modern Learning
- Vanderbilt University
Trans-Institutional Plan Sets New Campus Standards
- California Polytechnic State University, Vista Grande Dining Facility
Dining Pavilion Embodies Home Away from Home
- Mt. San Jacinto College Math and Science Building
Dynamic New Building Enriches Students
A Holistic Design Approach for Campus, Community, and Planet
DLR Group Senior Principal Stu Rothenberger shares three projects with Facilities Manager that highlight holistic problem-solving to benefit campuses and communities.
The Future of the Physical Campus
Principal Benjamin Strain, AIA, LEED AP, joins the spaces4learning podcast to address the question on everyone's mind: "What’s the future of the physical campus?"
Rich in Black History but Long Underfunded, These HBCU Campuses Will be Preserved
A new pilot grant program is designed to help Historically Black Colleges and Universities preserve significant buildings and sites on their campuses--an initiative that is long overdue.
DLR Group Selected for Performing Arts Design at Two California Colleges
New facilities will provide modern environments for performing arts and music students at two higher education institutions.
Construction Begins on New Fine Arts Complex at Allan Hancock College
DLR Group’s design promotes cross-disciplinary learning opportunities and connects the arts with the broader campus and community.
The Evolution of Campus
The Evolution of Campus: A New Normal for Higher Education
A second phase of ongoing research across colleges and universities focused on long-term thinking that addresses vulnerabilities and potential benefits for students, faculties, and communities.
COVID-19, E-Learning, and the Collegiate Pedagogy Model
Out of necessity came change, then widespread innovation in interactions between teachers, students, and the learning environment.
Instituting a “Door is Always Open” Approach to Academic Offices
While the recent shift to virtual office hours was done out of necessity, the concept has significant potential to become a long-term solution on higher education campuses nationwide.
Planning for a Resilient Future in Higher Education
Effective, engaged, and integrated planning doesn't propose to guess the future; it empowers colleges and universities to be adaptable and resilient during uncertain times.