DLR Group Appoints New Senior Principals and Principals
DLR Group Appoints New Senior Principals and Principals
(MINNEAPOLIS, November 12, 2019) – DLR Group, a 100 percent employee-owned integrated design firm, has appointed two senior principals and 31 principals. The firm recognizes the commitment and achievement of its employee-owners annually in October.
“Each year DLR Group rewards leaders who proactively and positively carry the firm forward to significant new levels of design achievement,” said DLR Group CEO Griff Davenport, FAIA. “As we grow, and our clients take us to more locations around the world, the leadership of our new senior principals and principals will be instrumental in fulfilling our brand promise to elevate the human experience through design.”
The following individuals were recently appointed as DLR Group senior principals.
Janiak is the firm’s Northeast Region Leader overseeing operations for offices in Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio; New York, and Washington, D.C. offices. He has led integrated teams on numerous large, complex, award-winning public and private projects.
Sundharam is DLR Group’s Global Sustainability Leader and member of the firm’s Research & Development Studio. He works with design teams to develop sustainable strategies that deliver environmentally responsible design solutions for clients around the globe.
The following individuals were recently appointed as DLR Group principals.
· Ruth Albertelli, RA, CCS (Cleveland), Architecture
· Stephanie Banfield, PE (Cleveland), Engineering
· Richard Beach, AIA (Tucson, Arizona), Architecture
· Chris Bell, AIA (Seattle), Architecture
· Dennis Bree, AIA, LEED AP (Phoenix), Architecture
· Matt Brehmer, AIA, (Phoenix), Architecture
· Mark Covington, RA, LEED AP (Sacramento, California), Architecture
· Jackie Eckhardt, AIA, LEED AP (Seattle), Architecture
· Hassan Gardezi, AIA, LEED GA (Cleveland), Architecture
· DeAngelo Gayle, PE (Minneapolis), Engineering
· Ivy Glasgow, WELL AP, LEED AP BD+C (Sacramento, California), Architecture
· JaDee Harsma, AIA, LEED AP BD+C (Colorado Springs, Colorado), Architecture
· Vanessa Kassabian, AIA (New York), Architecture
· Khary Knowles (Los Angeles), Business Development
· Ann Knudsen, AIA, CSI (Los Angeles), Architecture
· Chris Loeser, AIA (Cleveland), Architecture
· Jon Mesik, PE (Chicago), Engineering
· Nate Miller, AIA, LEED AP (Minneapolis), Architecture
· Mark Morris, RA (Cleveland), Architecture
· Irene Monis, AIA, LEED AP BD+C (San Francisco), Architecture
· Robyn O’Roark, NCARB (Kansas City, Kansas), Architecture
· Robert Phinney, AIA, LEED Fellow (Washington D.C.), Architecture
· William Ragland, PE, SE (Seattle), Engineering
· Jose Rangel, NCARB, LEED AP (Kansas City, Kansas), Architecture
· Michael Rudolph, AIA, (Phoenix), Architecture
· Dan Spotswood-Moberly, LEED AP (San Francisco), Architecture
· Matt Streed, AIA, LEED AP (Minneapolis), Architecture
· Tim Thielke, AIA, LEED AP (Phoenix), Architecture
· John Tinker, PE, SE (Minneapolis), Engineering
· Mark Van Allen, AIA, LEED AP (Orlando, Florida), Architecture
· Carla Weinheimer, AIA, DBIA (Portland, Oregon), Architecture
The firm also recognized 142 Associates and 72 Senior Associates in DLR Group locations around the globe.
AIA Seattle Committee on Architecture for Education Nominates Jackie Eckhardt to Co-Chair
AIA Seattle Committee on Architecture for Education nominates Jackie Eckhardt, Higher Education Leader, to Co-Chair position.
DLR Group Completes Community-Based Logan Memorial Educational Campus
A reimagined campus is providing new opportunities for students TK-12, including the first high school in Logan Heights’ history.
Patti Mason joins DLR Group as Climate Action Strategist
Mason will guide clients and design teams on climate strategies for net zero buildings to meet Architecture 2030 Challenge goals.
DLR Group Named as Finalist in Fast Company’s Innovation by Design Awards
DLR Group’s Semillas y Raices mixed-use design concept was awarded honors in Fast Company’s 2023 Innovation by Design Awards.
DLR Group welcomes Edward Hurtig as Sports Client Leader
DLR Group has named Principal Edward Hurtig as Sports Client Leader. Ed will lead the Sports Studio’s efforts to continue to build on our vast portfolio of sports work on a national scale.
Breaking Ground on Jacksonville Mayo Clinic’s New Hilton Hotel
Construction begins at Hilton Jacksonville, offering a refined experience for patients and visitors on Mayo Clinic Florida campus.
In the Media
Metropolis features Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church Lighting Design
In a special feature in their July/August print edition, Metropolis highlights our work on New York's Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church.
DLR Group Partners with Chaffey College for new Library Learning Commons
Spaces4Learning recently shared the exciting news about the new Library Learning Commons at Chaffey College.
Lighting & Sound America Features Harry M. Cornell Arts & Entertainment Complex
LSA’s July issue highlights the innovative engineering and design of the Harry M. Cornell Arts & Entertainment Complex in Missouri.
VenuesNow Celebrates Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Centennial
VenuesNow highlights the tremendous design and renovation work done by DLR Group in their article celebrating the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum’s 100th anniversary.
University of Houston Shares Renderings for New Football Operations Center
University of Houston shares football operations center renderings during a celebration for the school’s entry into the Big 12 conference.
DLR Group Partners with Texas A&M on Academic Center
DLR Group is partnering with Hines for the first mass timber academic building at Texas A&M. The Aplin Center will be an immersive learning laboratory for new university programs in hospitality and retail studies.