DLR Group Announces Firm Appointments
DLR Group Announces Firm Appointments
(MINNEAPOLIS, October 27, 2021) ― DLR Group, a 100% employee-owned integrated design firm, has newly appointed two senior principals and 61 principals. The firm recognizes annually the commitment of its employee-owners in these roles.
This has been a year of growth and the leadership capital in DLR Group is stronger and more diverse than at any point in our history. These outstanding design professionals are committed to delivering on our promise to elevate the human experience through design."
The following individuals were recently appointed as DLR Group senior principals and principals.
Lloyd Ramsey, LEED AP BD+C, CET (Phoenix)
Ramsey is a nationally recognized expert in integrated design and building optimization. As Global Engineering Leader, he collaborates with other sustainable design experts and has led integrated teams in planning, programming, and delivery of high-performance projects in the U.S. and Canada. Under his leadership, DLR Group’s engineering disciplines have instilled a culture of training and mentorship to help develop younger engineers progress in their careers. He is a respected partner, contributor, and an asset to our growing engineering team.
Jeremy Reding, AIA, WELL AP (Seattle)
As Global Workplace Leader, Reding provides design and leadership across DLR Group to create award-winning, technology-enhanced, and employee-centered workplaces for public and private clients. He is a champion for integrated design within the firm. Through him, DLR Group is laying the groundwork for the future of workplace design.
- Robert Allen, AIA (Washington, D.C.)
- David Almany, AIA (Kansas City)
- Dale Anderson, AIA, ACHA (Seattle)
- Sean Avery, PE, LEED AP (Seattle)
- Kwame Bailey(Washington, D.C.)
- Jon Baker, FAIA, LEED AP (San Diego)
- John Beyer, AIA (Charlotte)
- Cal Bowie, AIA (Washington, D.C.)
- Diana Brown, PE, SE (Seattle)
- Peter Brown, FAIA, LEED AP (Shanghai)
- William Carney(Minneapolis)
- Nathan Casteel, AIA, LEED AP BD+C (Chicago)
- John Chadwick(Washington, D.C.)
- David Frum, FAIA, FACHA (Seattle)
- Matthew Davitt, AIA, LEED AP (Washington, D.C.)
- Marilyn Denison, Ed. D. (Dallas)
- Chris Ertl, AIA, LEED AP (Kansas City)
- Amy Farrell, NCIDQ (Cleveland)
- Wendy Ferlisi(Charlotte)
- Kathleen Fitzpatrick, MBA (Phoenix)
- Ben Foth, AIA, LEED AP BD+C (Phoenix)
- Buddy Gessel, AIA, LEED AP (San Diego)
- Chris Getz, AIA, LEED AP BD+C (Orlando)
- Sheri Ginett, NCIDQ, IIDA (Charlotte)
- Anat Grant, LEED AP BD+C, WELL AP (Los Angeles)
- Bill Gridley, FAIA, NCARB (Washington, D.C.)
- Matthew Gulsvig, AIA, LEED AP (Omaha)
- Sara Guyette, AIA, LEED AP (Minneapolis)
- Matthew Heller(Los Angeles)
- Jonathan Hopkins (New York)
- Michael Huffstetler, LEED AP, F.SAME (Omaha)
- Heather Hughes, AIA, LEED AP BD+C (Lincoln)
- Damian Huneycutt, AIA (Charlotte)
- Ian Kilpatrick, AIA, NCARB (Kansas City)
- Gary L. Rademacher, AIA (Dallas)
- Brian Leonard, AIA (San Diego)
- Johnny Lin(Shanghai)
- Todd McGraw, AIA (Charlotte)
- Leanne Meyer-Smith, AIA, LEED AP BD+C (Chicago)
- Dan Michaels (Cleveland)
- Michael Minton, AIA (Washington, D.C.)
- Tom Mitchell(Kansas City)
- Rick Nowicki, AIA (San Diego)
- Shona O’Dea, LEED AP BD+C, WELL AP – HPD (Sacramento)
- April Pottorff, FAIA (Austin)
- Elise Robinson, AIA (Washington, D.C.)
- Ryan Robley, PE, SE (Denver)
- Jamal Salem(Dubai)
- Richard Salopek, AIA (Washington, D.C.)
- Sanborn (Chicago)
- Jose Sanchez, Assoc. AIA, LEED AP BD+C (Los Angeles)
- Daniel Siedhoff, AIA (Lincoln)
- Derek Smith, PE (Kansas City)
- Jesse Smith, LEED AP (Portland)
- Monika Smith, AIA, LEED AP BD+C (Washington, D.C.)
- Benjamin Strain, AIA, LEED AP (Denver)
- Ben Szela, PE, LC (Dallas)
- Andy Thompson(Riverside)
- Yu Tsai(Shanghai)
- Kenneth Turner, AIA, NCARB (Chicago)
- Michael Vander Ploeg(Seattle)
AIA Illinois Board of Directors Announces New Leadership
Leanne Meyer-Smith’s service to the industry began in college and continues today as President of the AIA Illinois chapter.
Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools Progress Report
New learning environments are open, and more are under construction as the district continues to address overcrowded and outdated facilities.
DLR Group’s Annual Report for 2022
The firm’s annual report highlights the benefits of 100% employee-ownership; and design problem solving for communities and climate, hinting at what’s to come in 2023.
The New Rose Pak Station Opens in San Francisco's Chinatown
DLR Group’s design creates a gateway for the Chinatown community and provides valuable open space to the densely built area.
Five DLR Group Offices Give Back at Boys & Girls Clubs Across America
We're building the magic of holiday memories at MillerKnoll We Care events at Boys & Girls Club of America locations.
Four DLR Group Interior Designers in Interior Design Magazine Inaugural 30 Under 30 Cohort
Four designers have been named by Interior Design magazine as recipients of their inaugural 30 Under 30 award.
In the Media
Case Studies of Integrated Design with designboom
CEO Steven McKay highlights the benefits and successes of our integrated design model with a selection of actualized projects for designboom.
CEO Steven McKay Shares a Passion for Design with designboom
This exclusive interview reveals McKay’s commitment to employee-ownership, the thrill of the design challenge, and the future of our firm.
Defining Hospitality Podcast Features Valentina Castellon
Hospitality Interior Design Leader Valentina Castellon joins Dan Ryan on the Defining Hospitality podcast to discuss her process, inspiration, and work.
Commercial Interior Design's Power 50
Commercial Interior Design magazine recognized Interiors Leader Vaida Buchrotaite in their annual Power 50, highlighting the most influential people in the MENA region’s interior design industry.
Talking Design with the Aga Khan Award for Architecture Director
Senior Associate Osma Thompson discusses design with Dr. Farrokh Derakshani, the director of the esteemed Aga Khan Award for Architecture.
Messaging Sustainability Outcomes in the Built Environment
In Research Design Connections, the team explains a three-path approach to communicating sustainable outcomes for the built environment.
Archinect Announces Chicago’s First Mass Timber Office Building
DLR Group and Hines will collaborate on a T3 project – timber, transit, and technology – in Chicago’s North Branch Framework corridor.
Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce Connects with New CEO
CEO Steven McKay, RIBA, LEED AP, connected with the Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce to discuss the future of the firm and the legacy he aims to build.