11 Influential Women in Design
- Metropolis magazine’s Planet Positive Awards recognized Senior High Performance Designer Jill Maltby-Abbott, AIA, WELL AP, with the Rising Star Award for her leadership in sustainability and health within the built environment.
- IIDA Northland named Interior Designer Twee Andersen a recipient of its 19th Annual FAB Interior Design Awards.
- Our Dubai studio’s Interiors Leader, Vaida Buchrotaite, was celebrated as one of the most influential in the MENA region’s interior design industry by Commercial Interior Design as part of its “Power 50” list.
- Four interior designers – Christina DeAmicis, Courtney Gallagher, Emma Holland, and Vanessa Vu – were named by Interior Design magazine as recipients of their inaugural 30 Under 30 awards, recognizing designers who excel in the design industry.
- Boutique Design, the authority in the boutique hospitality market, has named Interior Designer Danielle Farchmin as one of its Boutique 18 Honorees.
- Mechanical Designer Zehui Hong, LEED AP BD+C, WELL AP, was selected for ASHRAE’s LeaDRS Program.
- Principal Leanne Meyer-Smith, AIA, LEED BD+C, is the newly appointed president for the AIA Illinois Board of Directors, focused on developing future leaders through shadowing experience.
- Korey White, AIA, was elected to the American Institute of Architects National Board of Directors as an At-Large Director for the 2023-2025 term.
Learn to say yes to the things you aren't sure you will like but are interested in trying. Learn to say no when something doesn't feel right; when something takes you off course from your goals."
It’s imperative that we continue acknowledging, celebrating, and encouraging these accomplishments. This goes beyond March, and it goes beyond these 11 incredible women. Within our firm, 44% of our employee-owners are women. That means we have plenty of opportunities to elevate more voices, and we will continue acting on that fact.
Hear from more trailblazers in our Annual Report or in this roundup of ideas.
To receive ideas like this directly to your inbox, subscribe to our email list.
A Lasting Housing Impact: Gen-Z Redefines Multifamily Living
A new generation has moved into the multifamily and student housing space, and brought unique preferences for how to live.
Designing for a Disaster: Resiliency in a Changing Climate
A case study in disaster preparedness: explore how planning ahead can mitigate some of the devastating effects of environmental disaster.
Mass Timber Innovation: The Hospitality Prototype
The world has reached a crucial tipping point around carbon emissions. Could timber construction be the answer for the hospitality industry?
Designing Equitable Public Safety Facilities
The design of public safety facilities impacts recruitment, retention, and building community.
Watch: Delivering on Design Vision and Building Performance
When the Portland Building needed comprehensive repairs, the design team's solution respectfully preserves this architectural icon.
11 Influential Women in Design
Recognized in their communities and around the world, these DLR Group designers are taking risks, inspiring others, and establishing themselves as leaders in the industry.
Reimagining the Possible to Diversify Engineering
Our STEM outreach connects young students to real-world examples of engineering that enhance the spaces we inhabit every day.
Celebrate Engineering: Encourage, Innovate, Collaborate, and Contribute
It’s imperative we spend time in our communities and help educate students at all age levels on this career path.
Teaching Digital to Physical: Geometry Games
Associate Matt Conway led University of Southern California students to take fantastical structures out of the computer and into our Los Angeles office.
Life Science and Adaptive Reuse
The life sciences industry has been growing steady for over a decade; our expert analyzes how the demand for space led us to retrofit conversions.